As a small business owner, trade shows can be a great place for you to gain innovative ideas for your business, make new connections, and learn all about the latest changes in the auto industry. And learning about the latest technologies and equipment can put you ahead of the competition.
That’s why as an auto shop owner you shouldn’t underestimate the value you can add to your business by attending trade shows. In light of the pandemic, there have been some changes to this year’s upcoming events—here is the latest info:
MTIA Annual Convention
This year’s Missouri Tire Industry Association (MTIA) Annual Convention will be held from October 8th to 9th of 2021 at the lodge at Old Kinderhook in Camdenton, Missouri.
The schedule for the 2021 conference will be as follows:
Friday, October 8th:
- Golf at Old Kinderhook Golf Resort ($115.00 fee not included in registration)
- Convention Kick-Off Reception - Featuring Supplier and Tabletop Displays and More
Saturday, October 9th:
- MTIA Annual Business Meeting & Breakfast
- Evening Cocktail Reception
- Hall of Fame Dinner with Live entertainment
- Silent Auction
Member registration is $175 per couple which includes entrance for two people to the welcome reception, Saturday breakfast, and the Hall of Fame dinner.
If you’re a non-member the fee is $275 per couple which includes a year's membership to MTIA.
The Louisiana Tire & Automotive Service Association (LTSA) 2021 Convention will be held this year from October 21st to the 23rd of 2021 at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
Thursday, October 21st:
- 4:00-5:30pm - LTASA 4th Quarter Board Meeting
- 5:30-6:30pm - Registration
- 6:30-8:00pm - Welcome Reception
Friday, October 22nd :
- 7:00-12:00pm - Fishing Excursion (subject to change)
- 10:00-XX:XX - Golf Tournament (subject to change)
- 3:00-5:00pm - Exhibitor Registration & Set up
- 5:00-6:30pm - Registration
- 6:30-10:00pm - Hall of Fame Banquet
Saturday, October 23rd:
- 7:30-8:30am - Registration & Breakfast
- 8:00-8:30am - General Membership Meeting
- 8:30-9:30pm - Roundtable Discussion
- 9:30-12:00pm - Education Sessions
- 12:00-3:00pm - Tradeshow & Lunch Exhibitors
- 3:00pm - Exhibitor Teardown
You can call 1-800-777-7568 to reserve your room with the group code S210323. Alternatively, you can book online here.
Off-the-Road Tire Conference
The Tire Industry Association (TIA) will be holding the 67th annual Off-the-Road Tire Conference from February 23 through the 26th of 2022. The event will take place at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa in Miramar Beach, Florida. The conference will also feature a golf and fishing tournament as well as various receptions.
Past events have drawn in hundreds of attendees from across the nation and abroad so this is a prime opportunity to network and seek out business opportunities.
Global Tire Expo
For its centennial celebration, the Tire Industry Association is hosting the 2021 Global Tire Expo (GTE) and Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show from November 2 through 5. All events will occur in the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas.
The four educational sessions will include the following:
- November 2nd- Top 10 Tips for Technicians, Truck Tires, Road Service Safety, Tires, and Successful Tire Dealers Share Their Secrets
- November 2nd- TIA Press Conference
- November 3rd- Automotive, Preventing Ride Complaints, Truck Tires, Impact Wrench Technology
The week will begin with a cocktail reception and program and include speeches and entertainment. The remaining days will consist of various educational sessions as well as a TIA press conference.
Keeping Your Customers Informed
Trade shows give you a unique opportunity to learn about new technologies, see better equipment options, and, most importantly, network with other industry vets. But they also give you information you can leverage to connect with customers.
For example, learn something new about the way a specific tire is made that will affect the price for customers? Tell them. Is there a specific make of car that’s seeing a lot of the same wear and tear issues? Tell them. This is where BayIQ can help.
BayIQ is a marketing platform built by auto and tire shop experts. Their goal was to create an all-in-one option for shop owners that saves time and simultaneously increases car count. With BayIQ you can email and text customers, manage reviews, and even start a loyalty program with the touch of a button.
Build long-lasting relationships with your customers with the help of BayIQ.