Depending on the industry, customer value can take on a variety of meanings. In its broadest sense, customer value refers to how the customer perceives the value of product attributes, attribute performance, and potential consequences of the product that would keep them from achieving their goals.
To put it simply, customer value has two aspects: the value that your customer desires, and the value that they perceive. Desired value refers to what a consumer hopes to get from your product or service. Perceived value refers to how they feel that your product or service compares to the set of value criteria that they have created for themselves. Perceived value also refers to how they feel your product or service compares to competitors within the industry.
So, what does that mean for your tire shop?
Customer Value: What Does it Look Like for You?
When it comes to the auto industry, customer experience is key to creating a positive association between value and your shop. The average customer puts in upwards of 12 hours of research online for car-related purchases before they ever step foot into a shop. This means that they start to judge their experience with your shop long before they even begin interacting with your team.
You should aim to create a holistic, positive experience for your customers both online and in-person. Doing so will help you add value to your services and build a positive relationship with your customer base immediately.
How Can You Increase Customer Value in Your Tire Shop?There are a few things you can do to swing perceptions in your favor and create a positive customer experience from start to finish:
- Have a user-friendly web presence with up-to-date information: your website and social media should be easy to navigate and have a clear, professional tone.
- Have a Yelp page: studies show that peer-to-peer reviews are crucial for consumers when they are making auto purchases.
- Train your team to be friendly, detail-oriented, and communicative. Remember, the majority of people who come through your doors are not auto experts, and they are nervous about making big purchases! A friendly team will put them at ease and give a great first impression.
- Utilize a fair (but competitive) pricing strategy.
- Encourage customer loyalty through a rewards program that shows your customers that you value their business
Create the best customer experience with BAYiQ
Adding value for your customers requires a clear, comprehensive strategy. Our marketing communication platform, rewards program, customer portal and review management system can increase customer satisfaction, simplify your day-to-day marketing operations, and help you put your best foot forward-- Click to schedule a demo today!